Damodar Kunda Trekking
The elevation of the Damodar Kund is (4890m); it is a cold and windy place. We recommend you visit here during the full moon of August because this is the traditional time to come for Hindus and Buddhists. Otherwise the best time for trekking in this region is between April and September. The views at altitudes a bit higher than the lake are spectacular and it is just a short climb up some of the hills to reach the Tibetan Plateau, the Damodar Himal to the north and the Annapurna Himalaya Massive to the south. We will also visit Muktinath, an important pilgrimage site for Buddhists and Hindus, where we will explore its 108 waterspouts in the shape of cow's heads as well as the Jwala Mai Temple with its eternal flame, and the pagoda-styled Vishnu temple, the three of which auspiciously represent the combination of earth, fire and water. From Muktinath, we will have outstanding views of the colorful valley and neighboring villages.
Facts of the trek
Duration of the Trek: 22 Days,
Highest Point: 4325 m.
No. of Pax: +2
Types of Trek: Camping Trek only
Best Season: Spring, Autumn.
Himalayan Sights:- Annapurana Range, Dhaulagiri, Fishtail, Nilgiri and Manaslu etc.
Culture:-Gurung and Thakali
Other Attraction of the trek:- Close mountains Views colourful life, traditional types of Houses in Village, Ancient Monasteries, and Culture etc .
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (1317m)
Day 02: Excursion day in Kathmandu
Day 03: Drive or flight to Pokhara (820m)7-hrs
Day 04: Fly to Jomsom (2750m trek to Kagbeni (2800m)3-hrs
Day 05: Trek to Chele (3050m)5-hrs
Day 06: Trek to Geling (3510m)5/6-hrs
Day 07: Trek to Ghami (3490m)5-hrs
Day 08: Trek to Tsarang (3550m)5-hrs
Day 09: Trek to Lo-Manthang (3730m) 4/5-hrs
Day 10: Explore around Lo-Manthang Hike to Nagyal, Choser, Nyphu, Gharphu, visit many Bouddist Gompa, additional permit required.
Day 11: Trek to Yara (4000m)5/6-hrs
Day 12: Trek to Bas Khola (4500m)5/6-hrs
Day 13: Trek to Damodar Kunda (4890m)5-hrs
Day 14: Trek to Ghechung Khola (4000m)5/6-hrs
Day 15: Trek to Tange (3240m)5/6-hrs
Day 16: Trek to Tetang (2900m)6/7-hrs
Day 17: Trek to Muktinath (3760m)6-hrs
Day 18: Trek to Jomsom (2750m)5-hrs
Day 19: Trek to Jomsom (2750m)5-hrs
Day 20: Fly to Pokhara (820m) 22 minutes
Day 21: Drive to to Kathmandu (1317m)
Day 22: Departure day
Price : Contact us
Notes: The departure schedule can be changed on any avoidable circumstance such as weather, hazards, natural changes of walking track, road slides and avalanches, public strikes etc.
- Airport pick up and drop.
- Hotel in Kathmandu & Pokhara with B.B Plan
- Full day sightseeing at Kathmandu Valley
- National Park permit and Tims cards permit
- All meal while in trekking days (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) in both types of trekking
- Hot drinks (Tea / Coffee. Three times a day, only cup)
- Guide and Porter
- Staffs salary, food, accommodation and equipments
- Ground Transport
- Airport tax in Kathmandu, Pokhara & Jomsom domestic airport if fly
- Staff's Insurance
- All necessaries camping equipments and staffs for camping trekking
- Down jacket and sleeping bags
- Camping charge or fee in trekking routes
- Extra special trekking permit
- Personal expenses
- Personal equipments / medicine
- Travel Insurance
- All meal while in Kathmandu & Pokhara Hotel (Lunch & Dinner)
- Drinks (Water, alcoholic drinks, soft drinks etc.)
- Snacks and chocolates
- Tips for staffs
- Clients Domestic flight ticket fair (Jomsom - Pokhara)
- International flights and departure taxes and visa fees
- Extra staffs wages and luggage charge in camping trek.
You can inquiry about domestic air fair
For further information please click here.