Dhorpatan to Lower Dolpo Trekking
Dhorpatan Hunting Reserve and Shey Phoksundo National Park lie in rain shadow of the Himalayas in the central North West of Nepal. These two remote areas hide vast wilderness rich in flora and fauna, sparsely populated and extremely beautiful, making for the best trekking in Nepal. This trek cover many passes, jungle ravines and over the Himalayan main chain.
Dhorpatan is located on the southern slopes of Mount Dhaulagiri in the Baglung District of the Mid-Western Region of Nepal, the small village of Dhorpatan is best known for being the headquarters of the Dhorpatan Hunting Reserve – a sanctuary for animals where a limited amount of hunting is permitted. The area covering 1325 sq. km., the reserve is situated on the southern flanks of Mt. Dhaulangiri I (8167m.) in districts of Rukum, Baglung & Myagdi in western Nepal.
This trek we start from Beni, after day drive from Kathmandu or Pokhara going through nice village in the beginning and through high and remote area and passes later and finally come down to Jhupal where we catch flight to Kathmandu. The route goes through high passes and very remote area of the country so we are rewarded with excellent view of mountain and virgin Tibetan culture on the way. This is beautiful trek over many passes, jungle ravines and over the Himalayan main chain. Trekking from Beni to Dolpo is counted as a difficult level of trekking from the point of view of accessible. The main attraction of Beni to Dolpo region is the landscape, people, wilderness region and the famous Phoksumdo Lake. As this is Nepal's one of the most demanding trek and goes through Numala & Bagala pass and remote area of the country where we should make lot of ascend and descend we therefore recommend to attempt only for experience trekkers.
Facts of the trek
Duration of the Trek: 32 Days,
Highest Point: 5238 m.
No. of Pax: +2
Types of Trek: Camping Trek only
Best Season: Spring, Autumn.
Himalayan Sights:- Interesting and picturesque places, Snow capped Himalayan peaks
Culture:- Enthralling Tibetan culture and tradition
Other Attraction of the Trek:- Snow capped Himalayan peaks, Ancient trans-Himalayan caravan route and isolated villages, Spectacular Lakes
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu. 1317m
Day 02: Excursion day in Kathmandu
Day 03: Drive to Beni. 850m
Day 04: Trek to Tara Khet
Day 05: Trek to Danyga Khola
Day 06: Trek to Dharapani
Day 07: Trek to Muna
Day 08: Trek to Jaljala
Day 09: Trek to Dhorpatan
Day 10: Explore day in Dhorpatan
Day 11: Trek to Takur
Day 12: Trek to Pelma
Day 13: Trek to Dhule
Day 14: Trek to Seng Khola
Day 15: Trek to Purpang
Day 16: Trek to Tarasahar
Day 17: Trek to Tarakot via Jangla Bhanjyang (4530m)
Day 18: Trek to Laina Odar
Day 19: Trek to Langa
Day 20: Trek to Dho Tarap
Day 21: Explore day at Dho
Day 22: Trek to Tyoku
Day 23: Trek to Numa-La Phedi
Day 24: Trek to Baga-La Phedi via Numala Pass (5238m)
Day 25: Trek to Yak Kharka via Bagala pass (5214m)
Day 26: Trek to Ringmo Gaon
Day 27: Explore day at Phoksundo Lake
Day 28: Trek to Chhepka
Day 29: Trek to Jhupal
Day 30: Fly to Kathmandu via Nepalgunj
Day 31: Leisure day in Kathmandu
Day 32: Departure day
Price : Contact us
Notes: The departure schedule can be changed on any avoidable circumstance such as weather, hazards, natural changes of walking track, road slides and avalanches, public strikes etc.
- Airport pick up and drop.
- Hotel in Kathmandu & Nepalgunj with B.B Plan
- Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley
- National Park permit and Tims cards permit
- All meal while in trekking days (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) in both types of trekking
- Hot drinks (Tea / Coffee. Three times a day, only cup)
- Guide and Porter
- Staffs salary, food, accommodation and equipments
- Ground Transport
- Airport tax in Kathmandu, Nepalgunj and Jhupal domestic airport
- Staff's Insurance
- All necessaries camping equipments and staffs for camping trekking
- Down jacket and sleeping bags
- Camping charge or fee in trekking routes
- Normal Trekking Permit Fee
- Personal expenses
- Personal equipments / medicine
- Travel Insurance
- All meal while in Kathmandu & Nepalgunj Hotel (Lunch & Dinner)
- Drinks (Water, alcoholic drinks, soft drinks etc.)
- Snacks and chocolates
- Tips for staffs
- Clients Domestic flight ticket fair and also guide and cook. (KTM - Nepalgunj - Jhupal and Jhupal - Nepalgunj - KTM)
- International flights and departure taxes and visa fees
- Extra staffs wages and luggage charge in camping trek.
You can inquiry about domestic air fair
For further information please click here.