Lower Dolpo Trek from Jumla
This region was opened up in 1989 to organized trekking groups and to individual trekkers in 1990. There are Tibetan style inner Dolpo villages in Tarap, but most of the southern part of Dolpo is a region of Hindu influence.
Dolpo is located inside the Shey-phoksundo National Park of mid-western Nepal, behind the Dhaulagiri massif towards the Tibetan Plateau. It is a virgin and divine land and truly an isolated corner of Trans Himalayan Zone. There the nature seems to have remained exactly the same as it was first created, unharmed and unaltered. People here still lead primitive life, but they are very friendly. This is also one of few areas where pre-Buddhist Bon Po religion is still practiced. One of the main attractions in Dolpo is Phoksundo Lake and its waterfall. The lake at (3627m), is the deepest lake in entire Himalayan Region. Nature created a unique and wonderful treasurer like Dolpo, which is being the shelter of many rare alpine living beings. In spite of tough trails and rugged topography journey to Dolpo area is a life time experience. Tourists rarely visit Dolpo Region and the trekking route is very narrow and steep at some places, so good hiking experience is essential for this trek
The trek begins from Jumla, walk through Nepal's wildest with its strange mixture of ethnic Groups, offering allots of altitude scenery. A high route to Dolpo from Kaigaon leads across the Kagmara-La (5115m).The pass is not difficult to cross but in the winter snow bounds and potentially dangerous from November to early March Kagmara-La. We continue trek to Ringmo and ascent to Baga-La (5180m), which is the highest point of the trek. We then continue, Numa-La, Dho Tarap, Tarakot to Juphal, where we catch the flight to Kathmandu via Nepalgunj.
Facts of the trek
Duration of the Trek: 23 Days,
Highest Point: 5238 m.
No. of Pax: +2
Types of Trek: Camping Trek only
Best Season: Spring, Autumn.
Himalayan Sights:- Interesting and picturesque places, Snow capped Himalayan peaks
Culture:- Enthralling Tibetan culture and tradition
Other Attraction of the Trek:- Snow capped Himalayan peaks, Ancient trans-Himalayan caravan route and isolated villages, Spectacular Lakes
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu. 1317m
Day 02: Excursion day in Kathmandu
Day 03: Flight to Nepalgunj.
Day 04: Fly to Jumla (2370m) then trek to Tilariver
Day 05: Trek to Gothi Chaur
Day 06: Trek to Balasa
Day 07: Trek to Kaigaon
Day 08: Trek to Toijem
Day 09: Trek to Kagmara Lower Base Camp
Day 10: Trek to High Camp
Day 11: Trek to Sumduwa
Day 12: Trek to Phoksumdo Lake
Day 13: Explore day in Phoksumdo Lake
Day 14: Trek to Baga-La Phedi
Day 15: Trek to Num-La Phedi via Baga-La (5214m)
Day 16: Num-La Phedi to Dho Tarap
Day 17: Trek to Pibuk (Nawarpani)
Day 18: Trek to Tarakot
Day 19: Trek to Dunai
Day 20: Trek to Jhupal
Day 21: Jhupal fly to Kathmandu via Nepalgunj
Day 22: Leisure day in Kathmandu
Day 23: Departure day
Price : Contact us
Notes: The departure schedule can be changed on any avoidable circumstance such as weather, hazards, natural changes of walking track, road slides and avalanches, public strikes etc.
- Airport pick up and drop.
- Hotel in Kathmandu & Nepalgunj with B.B Plan
- Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley
- National Park permit and Tims cards permit
- All meal while in trekking days (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) in both types of trekking
- Hot drinks (Tea / Coffee. Three times a day, only cup)
- Guide and Porter
- Staffs salary, food, accommodation and equipments
- Ground Transport
- Airport tax in Kathmandu, Jumla and Nepalgunj domestic airport
- Staff's Insurance
- All necessaries camping equipments and staffs for camping trekking
- Down jacket and sleeping bags
- Camping charge or fee in trekking routes
- Normal Trekking Permit Fee
- Personal expenses
- Personal equipments / medicine
- Travel Insurance
- All meal while in Kathmandu & Nepalgunj Hotel (Lunch & Dinner)
- Drinks (Water, alcoholic drinks, soft drinks etc.)
- Snacks and chocolates
- Tips for staffs
- Clients Domestic flight ticket fair and also guide and cook. (KTM - - Jumla - Nepalgunj and Nepalgunj - Jumla - KTM)
- International flights and departure taxes and visa fees
- Extra staffs wages and luggage charge in camping trek.
You can inquiry about domestic air fair
For further information please click here.