This is a truly adventures expedition to a remote and wild region of the Great Himalayas with full logistic support.
Makalu trekking in eastern Nepal is protected by the Makalu Barun National Park and Conservation Project. Established in 1992, it covers 2330 sq km. Among the 16 mountains in the park, it is home to Makalu, the fifth highest mountain in the world (8463m/ 27,766ft). The world's fifth highest mountain. Formerly a restricted area, it spans five major ecological zones where can be found the lush, tropical Arun Valley, dense forests or rhododendron and fir and alpine meadows that lead to the might Barun glacier. From the base camp, any one can view the spectacular Mt. Makalu. This mainly low altitude trek is centered on the Arun Valley, in eastern Nepal. The sub-tropical valley floor of the mighty Arun River is in places densely forested, contrasting with the terraced slopes higher up, which are farmed by villagers of diverse tribal groups. High pastures typify the upper slopes, which border on the Makalu-Barun National Park, an important conservation area for many threatened species.
Facts of the trek
Duration of the Trek: 22 Days,
Highest Point: 5050 m.
No. of Pax: +2
Types of Trek: Camping Trek only
Best Season: Spring, Autumn.
Himalayan Sights :- Mt. Makalu I, Makalu II, Kanchanjungha, Barunche and others Peaks,
Culture:- Sherpa, Rai and Limbu.
Other Attraction of the Treks;- Sherpa, Rai and Limbu,’s Villages, tradition and monasteries etc.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu - Tumlingtar fly - Khandbari
Day 03: Khandbari - Chichila
Day 04: Chichila - Num
Day 05: Num - Sedua
Day 06: Sedua - Tashigaoun
Day 07: Tashigaoun - Khongma
Day 08: Khonpma - Mumbuk
Day 09: Mumbuk - Yangle Kharka
Day 10: Yangle Kharka - Shersong
Day 11: Shersong - Trek to Makalu Base Camp
Day 12: Rest Day
Day 13: Makalu Base Camp - Yangle Kharka
Day 14: Yangle Kharka - Mumbuk
Day 15: Mumbuk - Khongma
Day 16: Khongma - Tashigaoun
Day 17: Tashigaoun - Num
Day 18: Num - Chichila
Day 19: Chichila - Mani Bhanjyang
Day 20: Mani Bhanjyang - Tumlingtar
Day 21: Tumlingtar - Kathmandu by flight.
Day 22: Final Departure.
Price : Contact us
Notes: The departure schedule can be changed on any avoidable circumstance such as weather, hazards, natural changes of walking track, road slides and avalanches, public strikes etc.
- Airport pick up and drop.
- Hotel in Kathmandu with B.B Plan
- National Park permit and Tims cards permit
- All meal while in trekking days (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) in both types of trekking
- Hot drinks (Tea / Coffee. Three times a day, only cup)
- Guide and Porter
- Staffs salary, food, accommodation and equipments
- Ground Transport
- Airport tax in Kathmandu domestic airport and Tumlingtar airport
- Staff's Insurance
- All necessaries camping equipments and staffs for camping trekking
- Down jacket and sleeping bags
- Camping charge or fee in trekking routes
- Personal expenses
- Personal equipments / medicine
- Travel Insurance
- All meal while in Kathmandu Hotel (Lunch & Dinner)
- Drinks (Water, alcoholic drinks, soft drinks etc.)
- Snacks and chocolates
- Tips for staffs
- Clients Domestic flight ticket fair and also guide and cook. (KTM - Tumlingtar and Tumlingtar - KTM)
- International flights and departure taxes and visa fees
- Extra staffs wages and luggage charge in camping trek.
You can inquiry about domestic air fair
For further information please click here.