Jumla Rara Lake Trekking
Rara Lake is lying in the western region of Nepal and north-west of Kathmandu. It is a popular trekking area with a pristine view and unique lifestyle of the locals. The region is made-up of long ridges covered with temperate forests and alpine pastures enclosing high valleys. Summer rainfall is low, but winter snow can be heavy and persistent. Since the region is fairly high and free from monsoon thunder-storms, the summer season is ideal for trekking. Winters are cold, but in the autumn season trekkers are rewarded with a profusion of alpine flowers.
As the National Park, Rara National Park has encouraged to go to the trekkers in this region. It offers a representive sample of the regions flora and fauna. Sprawled over Mugu and Jumla districts, commercial hub of the mid and for western region by air. From Jumla the park is a two and half days trek away.
Facts of the trek
Duration of the Trek: 16 Days,
Highest Point: 3040 m.
No. of Pax: +2
Types of Trek: Camping Trek only
Best Season: Spring, Autumn.
Himalayan Sights:- Interesting and picturesque places, Snow capped Himalayan peaks
Culture:- Enthralling Tibetan culture and tradition
Other Attraction of the Trek:- Snow capped Himalayan peaks, Ancient trans-Himalayan caravan route and isolated villages, Spectacular Lakes
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Flight Kathmandu – Nepalgunj.
Day 03: Flight Nepalgunj – Jumla (2370m).
Days 04 - 06: Trek to Danphe Langa (3130m).
Day 07: Trek to Chautha (2770m).
Day 08: Trek to Dhotu (2380m).
Day 09: Trek to Rara lake (3040m).
Day 10: Rest and explore Rara Lake.
Day 11: Trek to Ghorasingha (3190m).
Day 12: Trek to Sinja (2440m).
Day 13: Trek to Jaljala (3270m).
Day 14: Trek to Jumla
Day 15: Flight Jumla - Nepalgunj – Kathmandu
Day 16: Final Departure
Price: Contact us
Notes: The departure schedule can be changed on any avoidable circumstance such as weather, hazards, natural changes of walking track, road slides and avalanches, public strikes etc.
- Airport pick up and drop.
- Hotel in Kathmandu & Nepalgunj with B.B Plan
- Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley
- National Park permit and Tims cards permit
- All meal while in trekking days (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) in both types of trekking
- Hot drinks (Tea / Coffee. Three times a day, only cup)
- Guide and Porter
- Staffs salary, food, accommodation and equipments
- Ground Transport
- Airport tax in Kathmandu, Jumla and Nepalgunj domestic airport
- Staff's Insurance
- All necessaries camping equipments and staffs for camping trekking
- Down jacket and sleeping bags
- Camping charge or fee in trekking routes
- Special Trekking Permit Fee
- Personal expenses
- Personal equipments / medicine
- Travel Insurance
- All meal while in Kathmandu & Nepalgunj Hotel (Lunch & Dinner)
- Drinks (Water, alcoholic drinks, soft drinks etc.)
- Snacks and chocolates
- Tips for staffs
- Clients Domestic flight ticket fair and also guide and cook. (KTM - - Jumla - Nepalgunj and Nepalgunj - Jumla - KTM)
- International flights and departure taxes and visa fees
- Extra staffs wages and luggage charge in camping trek.
You can inquiry about domestic air fair
For further information please click here.