Rolwaling valley lies on the original expedition route to Mt. Everest and was only accessible to members of these expeditions. Now, people who would like to climb Parchermo (6187 m), one of the eighteen designated "Trekking Peaks" in the Himalaya are allowed to travel through this area. The trek through the Rolwaling Valley is truly one of the best wilderness off-the beaten-path travel experiences. The strain and degree of difficulty are constantly rewarded with visits to remote villages, the magnificence of the always-present mountains and walks through thick Rhododendron forests.
On the approach to the Tashi Labtsa, the northern skyline is constantly dominated by the summit of Mt. Gauri Shankar 7146m, which was confused with Everest for long time and thought to be the highest mountain in the world. This trek takes you through a demographic cross section of Nepal that can not be sampled on any other trek. Since the reopening of this route the small Sherpa villages of Beding and Na are accessible for trekkers to see the unique and traditional Sherpa culture, untouched by western influences.
Facts of the trek
Duration of the Trek: 20 Days,
Highest Point: 5755 m.
Grade: Very Strenuous
No. of Pax: +2
Types of Trek: Camping Trek only
Best Season: Spring, Autumn.
Himalayan Sights:- To see many of the mightiest Himalyan Peaks from Mt. Evesrest, Langtang to Gaurishaikar etc.
Cultural:- Tamang and Sherpa People,
Other Attraction of the Trek:- Close mountain View , Sherpa and Tamang’s Villages, cultures and most Popular rafting river Bhote koshi etc.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Drive Kathmandu – Chjarikot (1850m)
Day 03: Trek to Biguti (890m).
Day 04: Trek to Surey dovan (1020m).
Day 05: Trek to Jagat (1395m).
Day 06: Trek to Simigaou (2000m).
Day 07: Trek to Kelchey (2990m).
Day 08: Trek to Beding (3700m).
Day 09: Trek to Nagaou (4200m).
Day 10: Acclimatization day.
Day 11: Trek to Tso Rolpo (4525m).
Day 12: Trek to Tolumbhu Buka (4850m).
Day 13: Crossing Tashi Lakpa pass (5755m), and camp at Thengpo (4300m).
Day 14: Trek to Khumjung (3600m).
Day 15: Trek to Namche Bazar (3600m).
Day 16: Rest day at Namche Bazar.
Day 17: Trek to Phakding (2600m).
Day 18: Trek to Lukla (2804m).
Day 19: Flight Lukla - Kathmandu.
Day 20: Final Departure
Price : Contact us
Notes: The departure schedule can be changed on any avoidable circumstance such as weather, hazards, natural changes of walking track, road slides and avalanches, public strikes etc.
- Airport pick up and drop.
- Hotel in Kathmandu with B.B Plan
- National Park permit and Tims cards permit
- All meal while in trekking days (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) in both types of trekking
- Hot drinks (Tea / Coffee. Three times a day, only cup)
- Guide and Porter
- Staffs salary, food, accommodation and equipments
- Ground Transport
- Airport tax in Kathmandu domestic airport and Lukla airport
- Staff's Insurance
- All necessaries camping equipments and staffs for camping trekking
- Down jacket and sleeping bags
- Camping charge or fee in trekking routes
- Personal expenses
- Personal equipments / medicine
- Travel Insurance
- All meal while in Kathmandu Hotel (Lunch & Dinner)
- Drinks (Water, alcoholic drinks, soft drinks etc.)
- Snacks and chocolates
- Tips for staffs
- Clients Domestic flight ticket fair and also guide and cook. (Lukla - KTM)
- International flights and departure taxes and visa fees
- Extra staffs wages and luggage charge in camping trek.
You can inquiry about domestic air fair
For further information please click here.