Upper Dolpo trek from Jhupal to Jomsom
Upper Dolpa trekking is magnificent trekking with numerous scenic and cultural variations and romantic geographical backdrops placed away in the mid-west region of Nepal beyond Dhaulagiri massif, towards the Tibetan plateau. It is here specifically that people still practice the pre-Buddhist Bon Po religion. This early sect was almost entirely replaced after Buddhist doctrine began to spread across Tibet in the 9th century. Dolpo remained unknown to the rest of the world until David Seagrove discovered the region in 1956. His account of his seven-month journey in the inner mountain areas of west and central Nepal, titled 'Himalayan Pilgrimage' is the most authoritative work describing this region.
This trek starts from Jhupal, after two small flights to Nepalgunj on first day and to Jhupal on second day. The route goes through high and remote alpine area and passes and finally come to beautiful Shey Phoksundo Lake (3600m). Trek towards to Charkha, probably the most beautiful village of high altitude. Then we will trek towards Jomsom after passing Sangda-La, the highest pass of this trek.
Facts of the trek
Duration of the Trek: 27 Days,
Highest Point: 5360 m.
No. of Pax: +2
Types of Trek: Camping Trek only
Best Season: Spring, Autumn.
Himalayan Sights:- Interesting and picturesque places, Snow capped Himalayan peaks
Culture:- Enthralling Tibetan culture and tradition
Other Attraction of the Trek:- Snow capped Himalayan peaks, Ancient trans-Himalayan caravan route and isolated villages, Spectacular Lakes
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu. 1317m
Day 02: Excursion day in Kathmandu
Day 03: Flight to Nepalgunj.
Day 04: Flight to Jhupal (2475m) then trek to Dunai
Day 05: Trek to Chhekpa
Day 06: Trek to Rechi
Day 07: Trek to Phoksundo Lake
Day 08: Explore day
Day 09: Trek to Sallaghari [Forest Camp]
Day 10: Trek to High Camp via Kang-La pass (5360m)
Day 11: Trek to Shey Gompa
Day 12: Explore day
Day 13: Trek to Namgung via Sela (5360)
Day 14: Trek to Saldang
Day 15: Trek to Nisalgaon
Day 16: Trek to Shimengaon
Day 17: Trek to Tinje
Day 18: Trek to Rakpa
Day 19: Trek to Chharka via Chharka Bhanjyang (5027m)
Day 20: Trek to Norbulung
Day 21: Trek to Sangda Phedi via Sangda Bhanjyang (5185m)
Day 22: Trek to Sangda
Day 23: Trek to Phalyak
Day 24: Trek to Jomsom
Day 25: Trek to JomsomFlight to Pokhara
Day 26: Drive to Kathmandu
Day 27: Departure day
Price: Contact us
Notes: The departure schedule can be changed on any avoidable circumstance such as weather, hazards, natural changes of walking track, road slides and avalanches, public strikes etc.
- Airport pick up and drop.
- Hotel in Kathmandu & Nepalgunj with B.B Plan
- Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley
- National Park permit and Tims cards permit
- All meal while in trekking days (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) in both types of trekking
- Hot drinks (Tea / Coffee. Three times a day, only cup)
- Guide and Porter
- Staffs salary, food, accommodation and equipments
- Ground Transport
- Airport tax in Kathmandu, Nepalgunj, Jhupal , Jomsom and Pokhara domestic airport
- Staff's Insurance
- All necessaries camping equipments and staffs for camping trekking
- Down jacket and sleeping bags
- Camping charge or fee in trekking routes
- Special Trekking Permit Fee
- Personal expenses
- Personal equipments / medicine
- Travel Insurance
- All meal while in Kathmandu & Nepalgunj Hotel (Lunch & Dinner)
- Drinks (Water, alcoholic drinks, soft drinks etc.)
- Snacks and chocolates
- Tips for staffs
- Clients Domestic flight ticket fair and also guide and cook. (KTM - Nepalgunj - Jhupal - Jomsom - Pokhara)
- International flights and departure taxes and visa fees
- Extra staffs wages and luggage charge in camping trek.
You can inquiry about domestic air fair
For further information please click here.