Upper Dolpo Trekking
To trek on Dolpo region is quite and experience of life. Dolpo is located in the Shey- Phoksunda National Park of mid western Nepal, behind the Dhaulagiri mountain towards the Tibetan Plateau. As it is in the isolated part of Nepal, There the nature seems to have remained exactly the same as it was first created-unharmed and unuttered. Undisturbed and preserved for centuries now. Blue-sheep, Leopards and other interesting Himalayan animals are still found there in that region.
Dolpo! The word conjures up visions of mysterious monasteries of snow leopards and blue sheep. Dolpo is the land beyond the Himalaya. It is laying in western Nepal; and one of the most remote of Nepal’s regions. By special permit, we are able to offer these-days trek through upper and lower Dolpo . Our route follows much of the route taken by Peter Mathiessen and George Sheller as described in "The snow Leopard” . We trek 200 miles, averaging 10 miles a day. We spend 6-8 hours a day trekking. Several layover days are planned. Porters carry a day pack with the things you need for the day.
Participants should be in good shape. We are at high elevation much of the time on this trip. Five passes, over 16,500 feet, are crossed. Steep climbs and descents are made.
Facts of the trek
Duration of the Trek: 22 Days,
Highest Point: 5160 m.
No. of Pax: +2
Types of Trek: Camping Trek only
Best Season: Spring, Autumn.
Himalayan Sights:- Scenic View of Patrasi and Jagadu Himal and Other Peaks.
Culture:- Magar, Gurung,Bhramins and thakuri etc.
Other Attraction of the Trek:- Unique life Style, traditional ,Ancient monasteries, Phoksundo Lake , Diverse herbal plant and Himalayan wild animals like Blue sheep and Leopards etc.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Fly to Nepalgunj.
Day 03: Fly to Juphal, Trek to Dunai. (2150m)
Day 04: Dunai - Chhekpa.
Day 05: Chhekpa - Regi (2950m).
Day 06: Regi - Ringmo(3660m).
Day 07: Ringmo - Phoksumdo Khola.
Day 08: Phoksumdo Khola - Gand La Phedi (4500m).
Day 09: Gand La Phedi - Gandla (5270m).
Day 10: Shey Gompa.
Day 11: Shey Gompa - Namgung.
Day 12: Namgung - Saldang.
Day 13: Rest day.
Day 14: Saldang - Namdo Khola.
Day 15: Namdo Khola - KyungLa (5160m).- Tok Kyu
Day 16: Tok Kyu-Do Tarap.
Day 17: Do Tarap - Gorge Camp.
Day 18: Gorge Camp-Lahini (3200m).
Day 19: Lahini to Dunai (2150m).
Day 20: Dunai - Juphal.
Day 21: Fly Juphal/Nepalgunj/Kathmandu.
Day 22: Final Departure.
Price: Contact us
Notes: The departure schedule can be changed on any avoidable circumstance such as weather, hazards, natural changes of walking track, road slides and avalanches, public strikes etc.
- Airport pick up and drop.
- Hotel in Kathmandu & Nepalgunj with B.B Plan
- Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley
- National Park permit and Tims cards permit
- All meal while in trekking days (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) in both types of trekking
- Hot drinks (Tea / Coffee. Three times a day, only cup)
- Guide and Porter
- Staffs salary, food, accommodation and equipments
- Ground Transport
- Airport tax in Kathmandu, Nepalgunj and Jhupal domestic airport
- Staff's Insurance
- All necessaries camping equipments and staffs for camping trekking
- Down jacket and sleeping bags
- Camping charge or fee in trekking routes
- Special Trekking Permit Fee
- Personal expenses
- Personal equipments / medicine
- Travel Insurance
- All meal while in Kathmandu & Nepalgunj Hotel (Lunch & Dinner)
- Drinks (Water, alcoholic drinks, soft drinks etc.)
- Snacks and chocolates
- Tips for staffs
- Clients Domestic flight ticket fair and also guide and cook. (KTM - Nepalgunj - Jhupal and Jhupal - Nepalgunj - KTM)
- International flights and departure taxes and visa fees
- Extra staffs wages and luggage charge in camping trek.
You can inquiry about domestic air fair
For further information please click here.